Ready to take your finance and tax career to the next level? 🌟 Unlock Your Potential as a Senior Tax Specialist! 🌟
🌐 Join our client's Global Tax Team! As a Senior Tax Specialist, you will be at the forefront of the company's tax operations, tasked with a unique opportunity to exchange knowledge and information with their Global SSC tax teams. The Group's diverse and talented group of experts spans the globe, providing you with a dynamic platform to grow and thrive.
🚀 Be a Pioneer! Your role isn't just about crunching numbers; it's about shaping the future. You will play a pivotal role in contributing to the development of the Global SSC tax strategy. Your ideas will shape the way our client navigates the complex world of tax, ensuring their business remains agile and competitive.
🔍 Expertise That Counts! We're seeking individuals with strong tax expertise (both indirect and direct) and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar high-level Tax SME role. If you're ready to bring your wealth of knowledge to the table and make a real impact, we want to hear from you.
What You'll Gain:
- Help shape a new role from scratch.
- Enjoy a normal work-life balance.
- Access to learning and development programs.
- International career opportunities.
- A collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Access to cutting-edge tax tools and resources.
Our client is a global FMCG company with shared services in three locations. The group is known for its transparent communication, bottom up management style and feeding the world. They are now looking for a Senior Tax Specialist.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to deliver outstanding finance and accounting services in the field of tax, to accommodate the evolving business. The role will require defining central processes, continuous process improvement and standardization where required. Reports to the Operations Manager Record to Report.
Top Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate and perform tax scope with high complexity for OpCos in the SSC’s scope, coordinate and implement complex internal and external Tax process changes:
- Develop/contribute to the development of policies, procedures and/or systems, implement these in line with external regulations to ensure compliant policies and procedures tailored to company’s requirements and needs.
- Collect, prepare, analyse and/or transform data into insights, and/or (potential) financial risk areas to support correct, timely and complete information for decision making.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness and quality of tax policies, procedures and/or systems and initiate and implement changes and improvements when needed.
- Identify opportunities and risks and advice, challenge, convince and/or provide support to the business on topics and issues.
- Keep up with relevant (knowledge) developments and regulations and ensure development, transfer and retention of knowledge. Educate and coach junior colleagues.
- Responsible for stability of the internal financial SSC tax processes in accordance with applicable regulations and with the company's internal control environment.
- Analyze and evaluate RtR Tax processes, and advice on improving these processes. Working closely with the BPO teams globally.
- Coordinate and lead implementation of complex internal and external Tax process changes.
- Support operational teams to resolve high level escalations.
2. Projects and process optimization:
- Define, manage, and/or participate in multidisciplinary (global) projects within the own specialism. Realisation of project objectives within agreed parameters.
- Actively supports the Management/Stakeholders to identify opportunities and drive improvements.
- Acting as change leader to identify and implement changes in the Tax processes.
- Be part of complex non-SSC Tax projects, lead/contribute to impact and implement changes.
3. Management information and strategy input:
- Contribute to the development of the department plan based on own expertise and activities of own area.
- Exchange knowledge/information with the Global SSC tax teams regarding own tax/financial knowledge with internal and external parties, within legislation and policies and procedures of own functional discipline.
- Contribute to the development of the Global SSC tax strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics/Accountancy
- Master’s degree in Finance and Accounting is an advantage
- IFRS or Hungarian chartered accountant certificate is an advantage
- Certification in project management methodologies is an advantage
Preferred work experience
- 10+ years proven working experience in Finance
- Strong tax expertise (indirect/direct) with a minimum of 5- years of experience in similar high level Tax SME roles
- Solid hands-on working knowledge to improve/transform complex integrated tax processes on regional/global level
- Proven knowledge of taxation (direct/indirect)
- - Solid experience to oversee diverse activities and agendas though keeping right focus on strategical priorities
- Digital Foresight and computer literacy
- Strong skill for developing others and knowledge sharing
- Ability to measure and improve performance in the area
- Customer Focus and E2E Process view
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills to drive resolutions cross-areas
- Excellent process knowledge for own function
- Advanced Excel, SAP, ERP knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent coordination and prioritization skills
- High attention to details and accuracy
- Advanced English knowledge (written and spoken)
- Continuous improvement and CI mindset
- Ability to make decisions on own level, strategic thinking